RIKKA Puteri Ayu
A culinary enthusiast at heart, Swee is a lover of all things food – her endless devotion for it shows on her Instagram @sweecooks. Willing to go the distance, Swee pursued her passion by attending the world renowned Le Cordon Bleu in Sydney in Diplome de Patisserie. Cakes have always been her forte, but she ventured more into cooking and different cuisines over the past decade as she believes that food nourishes the soul and brings everyone together.
"My interest in cooking grew more apparent because food nourishes and brings people together."
Swee San / @sweecooks
INTERVIEW WITH @SWEECOOKS
Makes 15 pcs
Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Total time: 30 mins
100g freshly grated coconut
10g corn flour
75g caster sugar
120g cake flour
1 tbsp RIKKA / Wakoucha Powder
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
100g coconut milk
Method To Assemble
- Grease mold. Mix coconut topping in a small bowl. Scoop 1 tbsp of coconut into mold and press down firmly. Set aside.
- Sift cake flour, baking powder and wakoucha powder onto a baking paper. Mix coconut milk and oil in a small bowl.
- In a mixing bowl, Add in eggs and caster sugar. Whisk until egg becomes foamy, thick and tripled in volume. It may take 10 minutes on medium high speed.
- Once the egg mixture is ribbony and thick, turn to low speed and pour in the wet ingredients. Mix for 1 minute. Add in the dry ingredients and fold in till well incorporated but do not over mix.
- Pass mixture through a sieve to ensure wakoucha powder is completely mixed in without deflating the air in the egg mixture.
- Scoop mixture into the mold till full. Place them on a steaming dish.
- Heat a wok or pot with water and stack a steaming rack on top. Place the molds on the rack and cover. Steam for 10 minutes.
- When it’s ready, gently remove cover and the steaming dish. and to unmold, turn over and the cake will come off easily.
SHOP RIKKA / WAKOUCHA POWDER HERE