@jw.works is an instagram account that showcases the wide array of Geraldine’s creative interests; food styling, calligraphy, photography and baking. As a graphic designer, she incorporates her flavorful ideas and style into her original recipe bakes and desserts, with especially careful attention to visual detail. Despite the effortless looks of her baked creations, she regularly spends time researching and experimenting in her kitchen to achieve flawlessly delectable desserts.
“I hope to be able to deliver my stories and message through my works.”
Geraldine / @jw.works
INTERVIEW WITH @JW.WORKS
Preparation time: 35 min
Cooking time: 2 hr 30 min
Total time: 3 hrs
200g Bread Flour
10g Butter x 8pcs (to wrap in the bun)
4g AJISAI / Matcha Powder
5g Hot Water
35 Icing Sugar
40g Cake Flour
*This recipe uses Thermomix.
Method For Bun
- In mixing bowl, add in 110g Milk, 25g Sugar, 4g Yeast in mixing bowl and set the Thermomix to 2 mins / 37C / speed 2.
- Add in 200g bread flour, half an egg, 3g Salt, set knead dough mode for 3 mins.
- Add 30g butter, knead for another 3 mins.
- Take out the dough, shape it into a ball and let it rise for one hour
- After one hour, divide the dough in 8 portions, make in ball shapes and let it rest for 15 mins.
- Cut the cold butter into cubes at 10g each x 8
- Roll out the dough and wrap in butter cube (10g), roll into ball shape and repeat on the remaining dough.
- Let them proof for another 1 hour, pipe the matcha mixture on top of the bun and bake at 180C for 25 mins.
Method For Matcha Crust
- In a large bowl, put 4g AJISAI / Matcha powder, 5g hot water and 35g icing sugar, stir to combine.
- Add half an egg mixture, 40g cake flour, mix well.
- Lastly, add 40g butter stir until well combined and transfer to a piping bag and chill in the refrigerator for at least 15 mins.
SHOP AJISAI / MATCHA POWDER HERE