Matcha Rosemary Ade with Houjicha Jelly
As an interactive multimedia designer, Nicole's keen eye for visuals is translated into baking, one of her recent pastime pursuits that she picked up during the Movement Control Order (MCO). Since the reignition of her passion in baking and a bread-lover herself, she started to create her own recipes such as breads, desserts and drinks. Her recipes a must-try for anyone who wants to learn, as they are simple, down-to-earth and achieves that deliciously eye-catching result.
"What makes baking enjoyable is when my creations look appetising and visually appealing in the photo."
Nicole / @nicoleyong93
INTERVIEW WITH @NICOLEYONG93
Serving: 1 glass
Preparation time: 5 min
Jelly set time: 10 min
Cooking time: 5 min
Total time: 20min
1 tsp REN / Matcha Powder
150ml Tonic Water
1 tbsp Maple Syrup
1 MOMIJI / Houjicha Tea Bag
2 tsp Brown Sugar
13g White Jelly Powder
2 Lemon Slice
Method For Houjicha Jelly
- In a small pot, add 300ml water, MOMIJI / Houjicha Tea Bag, brown sugar,and ½ stick of Rosemary. Bring it to boil.
- Once it starts to boil, remove the tea bag and rosemary. Gradually add in white jelly powder while stirring, until there’s no trace of powder.
- Boil for another ½ minute, then remove from heat and pour it into a heat-resistant container.
- Place it in the fridge for 10-15 min.
Method To Assemble
- While waiting for the jelly to set, sift REN / Matcha into 40ml of water. Whisk with Golden Chasen Bamboo Whisk until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Cut the Houjicha jelly into cubes and add a generous amount to a drinking glass.
- Add in maple syrup, lemon slices, and ice.
- Gently pour in tonic water followed by REN / Matcha mixture.
- Add the remaining stick of rosemary as a finishing touch.
SHOP REN / MATCHA POWDER HERE