Houjicha Marshmallow Mousse
As an interactive multimedia designer, Nicole's keen eye for visuals is translated into baking, one of her recent pastime pursuits that she picked up during the Movement Control Order (MCO). Since the reignition of her passion in baking and a bread-lover herself, she started to create her own recipes such as breads, desserts and drinks. Her recipes a must-try for anyone who wants to learn, as they are simple, down-to-earth and achieves that deliciously eye-catching result.
"What makes baking enjoyable is when my creations look appetising and visually appealing in the photo."
Nicole / @nicoleyong93
INTERVIEW WITH @NICOLEYONG93
Serving: 2-3 pax
Preparation time: 10min
Cooking time: 10min
Total time: 20min
2 tsp AKANE / Houjicha powder
250ml Oat Milk (or other preferred milk option)
10-15g Dark Chocolate
Some Roasted Almonds
Method To Assemble
- In Matcha Whisking & Measuring Cup, sift AKANE / Houjicha into oat milk and whisk until well combined with YUKIWA / Matcha Mixer.
- In a cooking pot, add in dark chocolate, houjicha mixture and marshmallow. Cook over low heat while continuously stirring until dark chocolate and marshmallow are melted and the mixture becomes smooth.
- Sift the mixture into desired mugs or ramekins.
- Store in freezer for 1-2 hours.
- Dust some AKANE / Houjicha powder and place a piece of roasted almond on top as finishing touch.
*Note: Serve it within 10-15min after taking it out of the fridge, as it will become runny if left at room temperature for too long.