Healthy Wakoucha Yam Cake
Never short of delicious recipes, @j.foodie99 is a food diary blog and home café on Instagram where Janet shares her inspired meals daily. From cooking to sharing recipes with her viewers, the whole process is part of her healing ritual. True to her tagline 70% healthy and 30% indulgent, her recipes are vibrant mixture of healthy breakfast and brunches, with the occasional indulging desserts.
"Happiness and foods are really connected."
Janet / @j.foodie99
INTERVIEW WITH @J.FOODIE99
Serves 1 whole cake (7-inch pound cake mold)
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 1 hr
Total time: 1 hr 10 mins
10g monk fruit sweetener
150g greek yogurt
15g monk fruit sweetener
30g cake flour
15g corn starch
½ tbsp RIKKA / Wakoucha powder
Method To Assemble
- Steam the yam for 20 minutes or until soft, add in milk, monk fruit sweeter and mash it until all ingredient mix well.
- Separate the egg yolk and egg white into two bowls.
- In the egg yolk bowl, add in greek yogurt, cake flour and corn starch and wakoucha powder and mix well.
- Add some lemon juice into the egg white, add in the monk fruit sweetener 3 times and beat the egg white until soft peak.
- Combine the egg white and egg yolk mixture, make sure to mix it completely then pour the mixture into the mold which is covered with the baking sheet.
- Preheat the oven at 170°C, using water bath baking method to bake the cake at 170°C for 40 minutes.
SHOP RIKKA / WAKOUCHA POWDER HERE