Butter Cookie with RIKKA Filling
@jw.works is an instagram account that showcases the wide array of Geraldine’s creative interests; food styling, calligraphy, photography and baking. As a graphic designer, she incorporates her flavorful ideas and style into her original recipe bakes and desserts, with especially careful attention to visual detail. Despite the effortless looks of her baked creations, she regularly spends time researching and experimenting in her kitchen to achieve flawlessly delectable desserts.
“I hope to be able to deliver my stories and message through my works.”
Geraldine / @jw.works
INTERVIEW WITH @JW.WORKS
Preparation time: 35 min
Cooking time: 15 min
Total time: 50 min
75g Unsalted butter
40g Granulated sugar
110g Cake Flour
55g White chocolate
5g RIKKA / Wakoucha powder
100g Unsalted butter
Method To Assemble
- Soften butter and cream together with sugar until creamy and light. Add in egg, mix well.
- Fold in cake flour to the butter mixture and mix completely.
- Place parchment paper on top and roll out the dough into even thickness, chill/freeze in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Use a round cookie cutter to cut and bake for 12–15 minutes until the edge turning golden brown
- Melt the white chocolate and add in RIKKA / Wakoucha powder, well combined, set aside.
- Using YUKIWA / Hand Mixer to cream butter until pale yellow, light and fluffy. Add in RIKKA mixture, stir well and transfer to piping bag.
- Spread the filling on the bottom side of one cookie and top with second cookie. Chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes before eating.
SHOP RIKKA / WAKOUCHA POWDER HERE