Black Sesame Matcha Latte
As an interactive multimedia designer, Nicole's keen eye for visuals is translated into baking, one of her recent pastime pursuits that she picked up during the Movement Control Order (MCO). Since the reignition of her passion in baking and a bread-lover herself, she started to create her own recipes such as breads, desserts and drinks. Her recipes a must-try for anyone who wants to learn, as they are simple, down-to-earth and achieves that deliciously eye-catching result.
"What makes baking enjoyable is when my creations look appetising and visually appealing in the photo."
Nicole / @nicoleyong93
INTERVIEW WITH @NICOLEYONG93
Serving: 1 glass
Preparation time: 15min
Cooking time: 5min
Total time: 20min
1 ½ tsp KIKU / Matcha powder
100ml Oat Milk (or any other milk preference)
8g Black Sesame Powder
1 tbsp Maple Syrup
A pinch of Charcoal Powder (optional)
Some Edible Roses
For Black Sesame Powder
50g Black Sesame
75g Glutinous Rice Flour
Method To Assemble
- In a cooking pan, toast black sesame seeds for 5 minutes over medium high heat. Pour it into a bowl and set it aside. Toast glutinous rice flour on medium low heat for 5 minutes or until it turns light brown.
- Separate the flour into 2 bowls, 50g and 25g, respectively.
- In a food processor or blender, pour in the black sesame seeds. Pulse until all the sesame seeds are stuck to the blender wall. Use chopsticks to scrape them down and add in the 50g glutinous rice flour, 1/3 at a time. Pulse until the powders are well combined before adding another.
- Add black sesame powder into the 25g glutinous rice flour. Mix until there’s no trace of glutinous rice flour. Store it in an airtight container.
- Skip steps 1 to 4 if you already have premixed black sesame powder.
- Using YUKIWA / Matcha Mixer, whisk together 8g of black sesame powder into hot coffee with maple syrup and a pinch of charcoal powder (optional) for colouring. Sift the mixture and set it aside.
- In Matcha Whisking & Measuring Cup, sift KIKU / Matcha with Matcha Metal Sieve into 50g of oat milk and whisk until creamy and well combined.
- In a glass, add the ice cubes, black sesame coffee mixture, remaining oat milk, and matcha mixture, respectively.
- Sprinkle some edible roses on top as a finishing touch.
SHOP KIKU / MATCHA POWDER HERE