Wakoucha Noodles with Honeydew Milk
Working in the food industry, Evonne is no stranger to the delicious range of savoury, sweet desserts and her instagram @greatescape_v is proof. Passionate in baking since young, cooking up mouth-watering dishes is her regular self-care activity now. Her recipes are classic, bursting with flavours and depth, always adding a special touch. Check out her specially-crafted series One Day Meals: from the matcha spread on your morning toasties to the café-style matcha dishes with a slight twist on a popular dessert for after dinner.
"It is the feeling of satisfaction after seeing the result of my hard work that gets me."
Evonne / @greatescape_v
INTERVIEW WITH @greatescape_v
Prep time: 10-20 mins
Chilling time: 30 mins to overnight
Total time: 40 mins to overnight
100g Coconut Milk
1.3g Agar Powder (Kanten Powder)
1 tsp RIKKA / Wakoucha Powder (sieved)
Method For Wakoucha Noodles
- Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan and cook on low heat. Stir occasionally with a whisk until the powders and sugar dissolve completely.
- Pour the mixture into a flat tray/plate (It would be best if you got about 0.2 – 0.3cm thickness).
- Let the mixture cool down completely before chilling in the fridge (Chill in the fridge for at least 30mins or overnight).
- When it’s completely set, use a fruit knife to slice thinly (like noodles).
Method For Honeydew Milk
Method To Assemble
- Arrange the Wakoucha noodles in the serving glass/dessert bowl.
- Then, pour the cold honeydew milk around the noodles.
SHOP RIKKA / WAKOUCHA POWDER HERE