Matcha Yorkshire Pudding
As an interactive multimedia designer, Nicole's keen eye for visuals is translated into baking, one of her recent pastime pursuits that she picked up during the Movement Control Order (MCO). Since the reignition of her passion in baking and a bread-lover herself, she started to create her own recipes such as breads, desserts and drinks. Her recipes a must-try for anyone who wants to learn, as they are simple, down-to-earth and achieves that deliciously eye-catching result.
"What makes baking enjoyable is when my creations look appetising and visually appealing in the photo."
Nicole / @nicoleyong93
INTERVIEW WITH @NICOLEYONG93
Serving: 6 puddings
Preparation time: 10min
Cooking time: 30min
Total time: 40min
10g YURI / Matcha powder
90g All Purpose Flour
100ML Oat Milk (or any other preferred milk)
½ tsp Salt
A pinch of Pepper
6 tbsp Sunflower Oil (or any other oil option with high smoke point)
Method To Assemble
- Preheat the oven to 190 °C.
- In a big bowl, whisk the eggs until airy.
- Pour in the milk. Sift in the flour and YURI / Matcha powder. Add in salt and pepper. Whisk mixture until there are no lumps on the back of a spoon.
- Pour the batter into a jug for perfect pouring later and set aside.
- In a 6-in-1 muffin tray, add 1tbsp of oil in each compartment. Pop into the oven for 10 minutes so the oil gets really hot.
- Carefully remove the tray from the oven, then pour the batter evenly into the compartments. Use a spoon to prevent batter from splattering.
- Put the tray back in the oven to cook for 20 minutes, or until risen and golden. Do not open oven until puddings are cooked.
- Serve immediately with jam, desired gravy or together with your breakfast as a side dish.
SHOP YURI / MATCHA POWDER HERE