Matcha Cranberries Crinkle Cookie
As an interactive multimedia designer, Nicole's keen eye for visuals is translated into baking, one of her recent pastime pursuits that she picked up during the Movement Control Order (MCO). Since the reignition of her passion in baking and a bread-lover herself, she started to create her own recipes such as breads, desserts and drinks. Her recipes a must-try for anyone who wants to learn, as they are simple, down-to-earth and achieves that deliciously eye-catching result.
"What makes baking enjoyable is when my creations look appetising and visually appealing in the photo."
Nicole / @nicoleyong93
INTERVIEW WITH @NICOLEYONG93
Serving: 15 cookies
Preparation time: 20 min
Cooking time: 10 min
Chilling time: 1 hour (optional)
Total time: 30 min / 1h 30min
3 Tbsp YURI / Matcha Powder (sieved)
60g Granulated Sugar
30ml Coconut Oil (or other preferred oil)
1 Large Egg
1 drop of Vanilla Extract
90g All Purpose Flour (sieved)
½ tsp Baking Powder
30g Dried Cranberries (chopped)
½ tsp Salt
Icing Sugar (for coating)
Granulated Sugar (for coating)
Coarse salt (for sprinkle)
Method To Assemble
- In a bowl, mix YURI / Matcha, granulated sugar, vanilla extract, and coconut oil together. Add the egg and whisk until combined.
- In another bowl, whisk together all purpose flour, baking powder, dried cranberries, and salt, then add the matcha mixture. Mix with a spatula until you get a soft dough. If it feels too soft, chill it in the fridge for 1 hour. (You can keep it in the fridge overnight if you want to bake the cookies the next day.)
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Shape the cookie dough into balls, about 20g each.
- Roll each ball in granulated sugar, then roll them again in icing sugar to coat.
- Place the cookie balls on a baking tray lined with parchment paper, each ball is spaced apart evenly,
- Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle some coarse salt on the cookies (optional). Allow the cookies to cool on the baking tray for at least 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
SHOP YURI / MATCHA POWDER HERE