Matcha Biscoff Ice Cream Cake
As an interactive multimedia designer, Nicole's keen eye for visuals is translated into baking, one of her recent pastime pursuits that she picked up during the Movement Control Order (MCO). Since the reignition of her passion in baking and a bread-lover herself, she started to create her own recipes such as breads, desserts and drinks. Her recipes a must-try for anyone who wants to learn, as they are simple, down-to-earth and achieves that deliciously eye-catching result.
"What makes baking enjoyable is when my creations look appetising and visually appealing in the photo."
Nicole / @nicoleyong93
INTERVIEW WITH @NICOLEYONG93
Serving: 3 cakes
Preparation time: 30 min
Freezing time: 6 hrs or overnight
Total time: 6 hr 30 min
2 ½ tbsp YURI / Matcha powder
300ml Whipping Cream
75g Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 packet Lotus Biscoff (32 pieces)
¼ cup Oat Milk (or any other preferred milk option)
Some Coarse Salt (for sprinkles)
Method To Assemble
- In a small bowl, crush 8 Lotus Biscoff cookies until you have around 70% fine crumbs and 30% big crumbs.
- Mix YURI / Matcha powder with sweetened condensed milk until there’s no trace of lumps and set aside.
- In a big bowl, whisk whipping cream until it forms soft peaks. Add in Matcha condensed milk mixture and crushed Lotus Biscoff cookies.
- Fold gently until combined.
- In a rectangular container lined with parchment paper, place 6 pieces of Lotus Biscoff cookies facing down at the bottom.
- Pour in the ice cream mixture, smooth everything together to prevent air pockets. Cover and chill in the freezer for 2 hours.
- In a bowl, crush 18 Lotus Biscoff cookies until fine. Add ¼ cup of milk and mix until thick and no lumps remain (add more milk if it’s too dry or more cookies if it’s too watery).
- Spread it on top of the ice cream evenly. Sprinkle some coarse salt as a finishing touch.
- Cover and chill in the freezer for at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
- To remove the ice cream from the container, turn over the container and cover the bottom of the container with a damp cloth for a few minutes. Turn it over again, facing upward and slowly pull out the ice cream with parchment paper.
- Gently remove the parchment paper and cut the ice cream cake with a hot sharp knife into 3 pieces (2 Lotus Biscoff per cake).
- Serve immediately.
SHOP YURI / MATCHA POWDER HERE