Genmaicha & Redbean Bundt Cake
Working in the food industry, Evonne is no stranger to the delicious range of savoury, sweet desserts and her instagram @greatescape_v is proof. Passionate in baking since young, cooking up mouth-watering dishes is her regular self-care activity now. Her recipes are classic, bursting with flavours and depth, always adding a special touch. Check out her specially-crafted series One Day Meals: from the matcha spread on your morning toasties to the café-style matcha dishes with a slight twist on a popular dessert for after dinner.
"It is the feeling of satisfaction after seeing the result of my hard work that gets me."
Evonne / @greatescape_v
INTERVIEW WITH @greatescape_v
Serves 2 Mini Bundt Cake (4-inch)
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
Total time: 45 mins
85g Cake flour (sieved)
6g MOKUREN / Genmaicha powder (sieved)
83g Unsalted butter (melted)
50g RedBean Paste (chunky paste)
20g Whipping cream (Hot)
1 tsp MOKUREN / Genmaicha powder (sieved)
60g White chocolate
8g Unsalted butter (room temperature)
2pcs of Gelatin Sheet
* Prepare two 4-inch Bundt pans, grease the pans with butter and flour.
Method For Bundt Cake
- Preheat the oven to 175 Celsius.
- Using a hand mixer, whisk together the egg and sugar. Start with a moderate speed, gradually increase to high speed and whisk until fluffy. It should take about 6 mins.
- Add cake flour and Genmaicha powder and fold with a spatula until no lumps and smooth.
- Then, add melted butter and fold the batter until fully incorporated.
- Divide the batter into two greased Bundt pans equally.
- Bake for 20 mins.
- Let cool in the Bundt pan for 10 mins. Then, remove the cake from pan and transfer to the cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
Method For Glaze
- Mix the MOKUREN / Genmaicha powder and hot whipping cream until the powder dissolves completely. Set aside.
- Use a double boiler to melt the white chocolate. Then, add the unsalted butter continue to mix until well incorporated.
- While waiting for the white chocolate to melt, soak the gelatine sheets in water until it turns soft, then take out the sheet). Set aside.
- After that, pour the genmaicha cream mixture into the white chocolate. Stir with a spatula until everything is well combined.
- Then, add the soaked gelatine sheets to the mixture continue to stir until the sheets melt completely.
- Transfer the glaze to a piping bag or a bowl through a sieve to ensure no lumps.
Method To Assemble
To assemble the cake, fill the centre with chunky redbean paste and drizzle the genmaicha glaze on top of the Bundt cake. For finishing touches, dust with some Genmaicha powder.