Genmaicha Accordion Potato
As an interactive multimedia designer, Nicole's keen eye for visuals is translated into baking, one of her recent pastime pursuits that she picked up during the Movement Control Order (MCO). Since the reignition of her passion in baking and a bread-lover herself, she started to create her own recipes such as breads, desserts and drinks. Her recipes a must-try for anyone who wants to learn, as they are simple, down-to-earth and achieves that deliciously eye-catching result.
"What makes baking enjoyable is when my creations look appetising and visually appealing in the photo."
Nicole / @nicoleyong93
INTERVIEW WITH @NICOLEYONG93
Serving: 8 pieces
Preparation time: 20 min
Cooking time: 40 min
Total time: 1 hour
¼ cup Coconut Oil (or any other preferred oil)
2 tsp MOKUREN / Genmaicha powder
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Paprika
2 Minced Garlic Cloves
Coarse Salt (optional)
Method To Assemble
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into rectangles evenly, total 8 pieces.
- Place each potato between 2 chopsticks and cut them diagonally.
- Cut them vertically on the other side of the potato.
- Gently place the potatoes on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix oil, MOKUREN / Genmaicha, salt, paprika, minced garlic and black pepper together until well combined. Brush it on top of the potatoes.
- Bake for 40 min in a preheat oven at 180°C.
- Sprinkles some coarse salt as finishing touch. (optional)